- All products are added to your cart.
SISU Mouthguard 1.6 Aero NextGen
Fitting your SISU Mouthguard
What you will need:
- Hot - but not boiling - water (60° Celcius)
- Fork or similar utensil
SISU is simple to fit to a perfect shape around your teeth. It is a quick and easy procedure:
- Wash your hands and the material with soap and water.
- Heat water in a smal bowl (hot to the touch, but not boiling). Place the material into hot water until it turns transparent. Then lift it out of the water with a fork or your fingers.
- Hold the soft material as shown in the picture. DO NOT LET IT FOLD! The material will glue together, making it hard to reshape.
- Tilt the head back and open the mouth widely. Place the front teeth so they can gently bite down on the solid cross bar. Press the tongue against the palate. Most of the material should be on the outside of the teeth.
- Use a mirror. Mold it against the front of the teeth with your fingertips and up on the sides to the gum line to create the shield. Make sure it covers the outside of the molars.
- Close the lips over the mouth guard and gently create a suction until the material has hardened to get a snug fit. If you are not satisfied with the result just slip the mouth guard into the water, let it soften and straighten out... and start all over again.
Cleaning and Storage
Rinse the mouth guard thoroughly in lukewarm tap water and soap, alternatively mouth wash, each time it has been used. Additionally, the mouth guard can be brushed with a regular toothbrush using regular tooth paste. Carefully rinse and dry before storage. Store your custom fitted mouth guard at room temperature under dry conditions.