Respecting your privacy is important to us and collecting personal information from you is sensitive. On 28th May 2018 the regulations on data protection become more stringent (GDPR). We have done the necessary to ensure that we comply with those new rules from day one. At Sucker Punch Skate Shop you may be assured that, amongst other things,:
- We never ask for more information than the information we absolutely need to handle your order correctly
- We collect and store this information in a safe manner
- Any personal information we have remains confidential and that we will NEVER make it available to a third party
- You will always have access to your information we have. Just ask.
- You may always point out any mistakes in our information to us and that we will correct it immediately
- We will never ask you for financial information ourselves - unless necessary for a refund, with your consent
- Your payment information is transferred in a secure and encrypted manner to the payment provider of your choice
Sucker Punch Skate Shop respects the privacy of all users of its site and ensures that the personal information you give us is kept confidential.
1. Identity of the vendor
We are Think Alike BVBA, trading as Sucker Punch Skate Shop
Address: Reep 24, 9000 Gent, Belgium
E-mailaddress: [email protected]
Telephone: 0032 (0)9 225 65 90
VAT number: BE 0845.371727
2. What data do we keep and do we process?
As you will notice when you place an order with Sucker Punch Skate Shop, we will only ask you for the absolute minimum of personal information:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your telephone number
• Your e-mail address
• Your delivery address, when you ask us to deliver your order
If, when you finalize your order, you tell us explicitly that you wish to receive our newsletters, we will add you to the list of our newsletter receivers. When you don’t tell us that you would like to receive them, we remember that as well to make sure that we don’t send them to you. If, however, a technical or human error would occur and you do receive a newsletter, please unsubscribe and this will not happen again.
3. What information is stored by third parties when you use our Webshop?
When you pay for your order by debit or credit card, Paypal or Ideal, your payment is being processed by Mollie, our financial services provider. Mollie, within the meaning of the new regulations, is itself a independent responsible controller of data and ensures itself that it complies with the regulations. You can find all the necessary information at: https://www.mollie.com/en/privacy
Sucker Punch Skate Shop uses Lightspeed software as its Webshop IT system. Lightspeed is, within the meaning of the new regulations, a processor. Lightspeed will asked us to enter into a processor agreement, as is required by the regulations. You can find the relevant information on: https://www.lightspeedhq.com/gdpr/
Sucker Punch Skate Shop uses Google Analytics cookies to optimize its Webshop. Here the new regulations also have an impact. To ensure that Sucker Punch Skate Shop complies with these requirements, we have followed specialized advice.
We can therefore confirm that we have entered into with a processor agreement with Google on 7th May 2018, that we have ensured that your IP address will be masked, that we share no other data with Google other than data necessary to resolve technical issues if and when they arise and that we use no other Google services in conjunction with Google Analytics cookies.
4. Sucker Punch Skate Shop uses the collected data to its clients the following services:
- If you place an order, we need your name, e-mail address, delivery address and payment information to process your order and keep you informed of its progress.
- To make shopping at Sucker Punch Skate Shop as pleasant as possible, we store - with your consent -personal information and details regarding your order and the use of our services. This allows us to personalize the website.
- We use your email address to inform you about developments on the site, special offers and/or promotions. If at any point, you are no longer interested in receiving this information, you can unsubscribe yourself on our website or through the link which is always included in our marketing mails. You may also request us to delete you from mailing list by sending an e-mail to [email protected] .
- If you place an order with Sucker Punch Skate Shop you can open an account and in such case, we will keep your data on a secure server. You can specify a username and password so that your name and address, telephone number, email address, shipping and payment information is stored and you will no longer be required to provide this information with your next order.
- Information about the use of our site and the feedback we receive from our visitors help us to further develop and improve our site.
- If you decide to write a review, you can choose whether or not you add your name or other personal information. We value the opinions of our visitors, but reserve the right not to publish your comments.
- If you respond to a promotion or contest, we ask your name, address and email address. We use this information to fulfill the promotion, to announce the winner(s), and to measure the response to our marketing campaigns.
- If required by law we may divulge the information you provided to a public authority when asked by an authorized body to do so.
5. How long do we store your personal data?
The information you provide us with when you order at Sucker Punch Skate Shop is kept for 7 years because we need to comply with our Inland Revenue regulations.
Your anonymous information that is stored by Google Analytics is stored for 14 months, which is the minimum period we could chose.
The information you provide to Mollie when you pay for your order is kept no longer than is required by law. You can find out more on: https://www.mollie.com/en/privacy
6. Your right of access to, rectification of or removal of your personal data
You have the right to consult free your personal data at any time, to rectify or modify them, by sending an email to [email protected] or by letter, providing in attachment a copy of your identity card. You can find our postal address on our website and in our General Terms and Conditions.
You also have the right to ask us to remove your data from our systems. To do so you send us an email or letter (see above) also providing us with a copy of your identity card. We will do the necessary immediately upon receiving your request.
You are entirely free whether or not you communicate your personal data to Sucker Punch Skate Shop. However, you must be aware that some services may be refused if you do not complete your personal data on the order form and that you are the only person responsible for providing us with the correct information you provide to Sucker Punch Skate Shop.
7. Your right to object
You may exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data, including profiling, if you consider that serious and legitimate reasons exist to do so, by sending an email to [email protected] . However, you cannot object against the processing of your personal data if this processing is essential to the fulfillment of our contractual obligations to you.
8. Your right to issue a complaint against us with the Commission for the protection of privacy
We prefer you to contact us first when you believe there is a problem, as we might be able to rectify this and learn from it. We will do everything we can to resolve such issue. However, if you believe that further action is required then you can contact the Commission for the protection of privacy. You will find all the necessary information on:
9. Sucker Punch Skate Shop does not sell on your personal data
Traffic Shop will not sell your personal information to third parties and will only make them available to
third parties that are involved in processing your order. Our staff and third parties involved in the fulfillment of your order are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
10. Security and confidentiality
Sucker Punch Skate Shop has developed technically and organizationally appropriate security measures in order to avoid the destruction, loss, forgery, modification, forbidden access and/or mistaken communication to third parties as well as every other unauthorized processing of the collected personal data.
Sucker Punch Skate Shop can never be held liable for any direct or indirect damage that may result from wrong or illegal use of personal data by a third party.
A “cookie” is a small text file that we store in your browser or on your computer’s hard drive. This way we can remember your preferences when visiting our website.
Cookies and similar technologies do not allow to systematically collect data that enable us to identify the users of our website. They only allow us to improve the operation of our web shop, to understand the interests of its users and to measure the effectiveness of the content of our web shop.
As a result of recent amendments of the law, all websites focusing on certain parts of the European Union are obligated to ask for your permission in order to use or save cookies and similar technologies on your computer or mobile devices.
12. Applicable law and jurisdiction